About MidCap Financial
MidCap Financial Services, LLC (“MidCap”) is a specialty finance company with principal offices in Washington, D.C. (Bethesda, MD), New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles that provides senior debt to middle-market/upper middle-market companies across all industries. MidCap is affiliated with Apollo Global Management, a leading publicly traded Credit and private equity firm and asset manager. MidCap is expanding rapidly, with over 250 employees and over $40 billion of loan commitments managed and serviced. MidCap invests principal both on its own behalf, as well as through managed accounts on behalf of leading sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, pension funds and other institutions.
MidCap provides a broad array of corporate and real estate debt products to finance both acquisitions and the growth and working capital needs of middle-market/upper middle-market companies. The vast majority of companies financed by MidCap are owned by private equity or venture capital firms or other sophisticated institutional investors, with meaningful exposure to public companies.
MidCap is seeking a Vice President of Talent who will lead the development and execution of the company’s talent acquisition, training and development strategies. The VP of Talent will be based in MidCap’s Bethesda headquarters and will lead the strategy to design and implement a robust talent acquisition model to scale with future growth. This will include developing sourcing strategies and candidate assessment tools, evaluating interview/selection processes, training new hires, and serving as a shared resource throughout the business.
As a strategic leader, she/he will demonstrate the ability to provide subject matter expertise in talent acquisition and professional development as well as an adeptness at evaluating best practices and promoting innovative solutions. The VP of Talent will continue to deliver top human capital results while maintaining a collaborative workplace environment. She/he will employ a thoughtful strategy for responding to changes and trends in the marketplace, while continuously exploring new opportunities for process improvement. This leader will strive to improve the strategy and performance of the talent acquisition activities while fostering employee and candidate engagement. The VP of Talent will continue to develop and implement the company’s human capital strategies and impact the investment in all future initiatives.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Ensure all Talent Acquisition needs are being met, with a long-term talent strategy in mind
- Devise and implement sourcing strategies to build pipelines of potential applicants, such as employer branding initiatives
- Create and implement end-to-end candidate hiring processes to ensure a positive experience
- Form close relationships with colleges and universities, as well as external search partners to ensure access to top tier talent at all experience levels
- Implement a women/diversity hiring strategy to continuously build a pipeline of diverse, qualified candidates
- Coordinate with practice leaders to identify staffing needs across all levels and segments
- Implement a uniform Applicant Tracking System (ATS) for firmwide use and ensure consistent utilization and documentation of all hiring processes and procedures across the firm
- Develop selection criteria for candidates by coordinating with MidCap senior managers and others
- Create job descriptions, interview and assessment criteria that reflect the requirements for each position
- Source, identify and refine down the most suitable talent from prospective candidates
- Work with leaders across the organization to develop and implement a formalized training process for new hires
- Develop and implement MidCap specific training processes with appropriate teams, including product specific group heads, IT, Legal and Compliance to provide employee training on MidCap systems, policies and processes/standards
- Organize and lead firmwide training on any relevant new MidCap initiatives
The candidate holds a BA or BS degree at minimum as well as 4-10 years of talent acquisition, training and/or relevant consulting experience. She/he thrives in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and creative environment, possesses excellent communication skills and has a history of successful talent leadership. A preferred candidate will also have a solid working knowledge of financial services.
Additionally, she/he will need an exceptional skill-set around recruitment technologies, candidate relationship management, marketing, and retention strategies. Finally, personal characteristics necessary to succeed within MidCap include: intellectual curiosity, integrity, sound critical judgment, passion, self-motivation, creativity, flexibility, and persistence.