MidCap Financial Services, LLC
7255 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 300
Bethesda, MD 20814
Asset Based Lending Underwriting Vice President: Immediate Start Date
Company Description: Midcap Financial (“MidCap Financial”) is a middle market-focused, specialty finance firm that provides senior debt solutions to companies across all industries. We provide a broad array of products intended to finance growth and manage working capital. At MidCap Financial, our years of experience, strong balance sheet, and flexibility make us the lender of choice for companies across all stages of growth and complexity. MidCap Financial is managed by Apollo Capital Management, L.P., a subsidiary of Apollo Global Management, Inc., pursuant to an investment management agreement. As of March 31, 2021, Midcap Financial provides management or other services for over $29.8 billion of commitments, of which $5 billion is managed by Midcap Financial Services Capital Management LLC, a registered investment adviser. MidCap Financial Services, LLC provides sourcing, due diligence and portfolio management services to MidCap Financial.
MidCap Financial provides a broad array of corporate and real estate debt products to finance acquisitions, growth, and working capital needs of middle-market companies. The vast majority of companies financed by MidCap Financial are owned by private equity or venture capital firms or other sophisticated institutional investors, with meaningful exposure to public companies.
Asset Based Lending Description: MidCap Financial’s Asset Based Lending team provides capital solutions to industries within the middle market such as healthcare, technology, logistics, manufacturing, distribution, retail, and consumer products. We specialize in revolving lines of credit secured by accounts receivable, inventory, and other current and long-term assets. We also provide one-stop financing solutions in which we augment our revolving lines of credit with cash flow term loans.
Job Description: MidCap Financial’s Asset Based Lending team is looking for a Vice President or Director to be based in Midcap Financial’s Bethesda, MD headquarters. The candidate will lead interdisciplinary underwriting teams to diligence, underwrite, and close new investment opportunities. The candidate will lead a team that is responsible for conducting management meetings, preparing investment memos, building financial models, and performing in-depth financial analysis on a regular basis. Our work culture encourages a rapid increase in responsibility for employees at all levels.
- Strong quantitative and analytical background. Knowledge of and experience with basic accounting and financial principles is required.
- Excellent communication skills for internal and external interactions.
- Superb writing and presentation skills to effectively summarize investment opportunities and risks.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assume a high level of responsibility and accountability.
- Ideal candidate will have keen attention to detail and be a self-starter.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in commercial lending, portfolio management, investments, or other relevant financial experience
- Strong academic record
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to work with and lead a team